GMLscripts.com

Discuss and collaborate on GML scripts
Invert

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-09 23:50:15

xot
Administrator

Storm Surf nominated for two Surfer Poll Awards

Hot damn! I just found out my DVD Storm Surf has been nominated for two Surfer Poll Video Awards!

bhdvBZp.jpg

Storm Surf earned one of five nominations in each of two categories: Best Barrel and Heavy Water (big wave surfing). In both cases, local hero Todd Morcom gets some truly epic barrels in Puerto Escondido, Mexico. Winners will be chosen by Surfer Magazine staff. The awards ceremony is Sept. 15th in Anaheim, CA. Unfortunately, I live on the East Coast and won't be able to attend. There is supposed to be a live webcast of the event. Hopefully my crappy ... (buffering) ... internet connection ... (buffering) ... can handle it.

http://surfermag.com/events/spa09/news- … unced.html

/stoked

Abusing forum power since 1986.

#2 2009-09-16 00:17:30

xot
Administrator

Re: Storm Surf nominated for two Surfer Poll Awards

The awards ceremony is still going on but I can tell you that Storm Surf didn't win in either of its categories. I'm not too surprised, the competition was fierce this year. It's a tremendous honor to be recognized by the surfing community and to be nominated among such amazing films and performances.

During his acceptance speech, "Best Barrel" winner Cory Lopez suggest that Todd Morcom should have won. Hearing that was very gratifying (and true). Still, Cory had it sown up with a surreal multiple cover-up ride that felt like it lasted at least a minute, if it was a second.

Congrats to all the winners and big ups to Cory for his support and kind words for Storm Surf!

Last edited by xot (2009-09-17 14:21:59)

#3 2009-09-17 15:24:19

xot
Administrator

Re: Storm Surf nominated for two Surfer Poll Awards

Videos have been posted from the awards show. I guess I exaggerated a little before. Cory's wave is only 50 seconds, not a full minute. You have to see it to believe it. Check out "Best Barrel":

http://www.surferpoll.com/

Board footer