Discuss and collaborate on GML scripts
Invert

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-24 20:02:18

Smarty

CSS modification suggestion

Take a look at this script here:

http://www.gmlscripts.com/script/string_trim

I don't know how it is for everyone else, but the third line of the script tells me that one is one, rather than L=1 (capitalised for clarity). That's an issue for me everywhere the number 1 is used as a parameter or part of an expression.

The problem seems to be the size of the Courier New font in the gml class in the CSS script. When the point size goes under 10, the lower-case L is remarkably like a one.

Can it be size 10 pretty-please?

#2 2008-01-25 05:49:34

xot
Administrator

Re: CSS modification suggestion

Yeah, that's kind of annoying. I've noticed that on some computers the two glyphs are absolutely identical. And I hate using capitals for variables, I save those for constants.

I guess I'll make the change, when the CSS uses 10pt the code appears absolutely identical in both the GM editor and the website. That was the original intent, I think I must have reduced it to 9pt because of size constraints. The bummer is that the new fluid site template has an even narrower code area when maximized on a 1024 wide monitor. Unfortunately that accounts for 40% of my visitors. I may have to rethink my template. sad

Abusing forum power since 1986.

#3 2008-01-28 13:30:28

xot
Administrator

I boosted the size of the code highlighting here back to 10pt where it should be. I'll probably make the change on the main site as well. If not soon, within the next few weeks as I overhaul the site. I bumped up the size of the text in posts as well to make it flow better with the larger smilies I just installed.

Abusing forum power since 1986.

#4 2009-05-08 06:28:51

Caniac
The #1 Caniac
Website

It looks ok to me =D

Xot is Awesome!
GMVision is Awesome Too!

Board footer