GMLscripts.com

Discuss and collaborate on GML scripts
Invert

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-21 14:48:33

cosacam

gm:s compiles but dont run

Hi, everybody. Today I run GM:S for my 1st time. made a simple game to just try. Two objects: the first one is just a circle, solid. Upon Create it should start moving in any direction with speed = 4. On Mouse Left Event it should change direction and increase speed by 4. On Collision with object 2 it should just bounce. The second object is just a solid block used as wall all around the room border with no event at all. Just that simple. Everything done in D&D. I press the Play button (the triangle) in the toolbar, it compiles (I specified for Windows), no compiler error reporting, but it doesn't run at all. Nothing!By the way I'm an experienced GM user (even 3D) but new in GM:S. My PC is Dual Core, over 2GHz, 512 Mb RAM, Win XP SP3. Any suggestion. Thanks in advance

#2 2018-01-21 11:35:03

Sanford

Re: gm:s compiles but dont run

cosacam wrote:

Hi, everybody. Today I got Quick Extender Pro and run GM:S for my 1st time. made a simple game to just try. Two objects: the first one is just a circle, solid. Upon Create it should start moving in any direction with speed = 4. On Mouse Left Event it should change direction and increase speed by 4. On Collision with object 2 it should just bounce. The second object is just a solid block used as wall all around the room border with no event at all. Just that simple. Everything done in D&D. I press the Play button (the triangle) in the toolbar, it compiles (I specified for Windows), no compiler error reporting, but it doesn't run at all. Nothing!By the way I'm an experienced GM user (even 3D) but new in GM:S. My PC is Dual Core, over 2GHz, 512 Mb RAM, Win XP SP3. Any suggestion. Thanks in advance

Sounds like an interesting concept, I hope you'll get to the bottom of this and share it with us. A compiler error your have been my first guess, but you say that's not it. Very odd.

Last edited by Sanford (2022-01-07 11:06:15)

Board footer