GMLscripts.com

Discuss and collaborate on GML scripts
Invert

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-13 12:37:04

Yourself

Another day, another sarcastic remark

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?show … &p=2373389

Usually I avoid saying anything like this because it seems that, recently, there have been enough people around the GMC that I could be sure would come along and say something sarcastic.  I just couldn't resist this time, though.

#2 2007-10-13 18:46:37

Schreib

Re: Another day, another sarcastic remark

You just can't believe how mad this guy is getting me. He claims he knows his shit after watching trailers of Halo 3, and has confidence in his field of experts because he spends time everyday thinking about how the created these effects. Problem is, he practically doesn't know anything at all. He's taking mere guesses on how they made these effects but doesn't know "how" he could reproduce them after his hypothesis in GM. If there is something that annoys me it is people claiming they know things (and are openly proud about it) which are either:

[*]Bleedin' obvious
    [*]Them actually presenting a completely false hypothesis

These sort of people are numerous on the GMC. I can't stand someone posting things they actually don't know anything about. I don't know how xot can remain so calm about it. What's your trick, xot? wink

#3 2007-10-13 18:56:20

Yourself

Xot has a special helmet for dealing with these kinds of people.  Individuals like this pop up quite frequently and there's a select few that are far worse then others.  Some other names that come to mind are Cloud Tower, ws25, and Master Computer (this guy used to be a lot worse).  That's all I can think of.  Of all of them Cloud Tower was by far the worst.  If you find that old flood fill topic in advanced you'll get a good look at him.

#4 2007-10-13 20:00:49

xot
Administrator

I wish I had a special helmet, a helmet that would let me go back in time and pretend I never saw certain topics. If I have a secret, it's stubbornness and heredity; almost everyone in my family has been a teacher at some point. But I'm learning to let go. The other day I gave two perfectly good answers to one guy's question. He didn't like either of them for some reason. Well, guy, tough shit, I did my part, that topic is on my ignore list. I obviously like to help people, but I swear picking the topics to post replies in is like Russian Roulette. The density of the topic starters boggles my mind sometimes and it's gotten so much worse in the last year. I'm not going to point fingers -- I don't have enough.

I did see that topic you linked and my sixth sense said to avoid it, I didn't even want to read it. "Blur" in the 3D Q&A seemed like bad juju. I kind of avoid the 3D Q&A because so many people who start topics in there have no idea what they are getting into.

I have gone off on people, but I try really hard not to ever act that way. It's a personal pledge to myself that I keep the negative energy I project to an absolute minimum. You know, there are so many worthy things to get worked up about, what happens on the GMC isn't one of them. Sorry to get all granola on you guys. tongue

A moment of weakness:
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=188030

I'll see if I can get some List BBCode going for you Schreib.

EDIT: I have basic lists going, but I'm not happy with it, it's a pretty poor approximation of proper BBCode. It'll have to do for now while I look into a more robust mod.
EDIT2: Nevermind, that rotten List mod wrecked the parser so I removed it.

Abusing forum power since 1986.

#5 2007-10-13 21:12:24

Yourself

I remember reading that post by you.  It even made me feel good.

#6 2007-10-13 22:25:50

xot
Administrator

It certainly made me feel good at the time. And re-reading it, it still does. The shock of it at the time was that not only was I not warned, Jodder actually backed me up.

Man, I was just reading the infamous "Blur?" topic. Wow, really busy today, and getting hot in there. Glad I'm not involved with that lunacy, but I have to admit I'm curious as to how long the Pie dude is going to wait until he admits defeat. GMC is worse than a soap opera, the drama in that topic has got me hooked!

Abusing forum power since 1986.

#7 2007-10-20 17:18:10

IamCalle

(From the GMC)

Kind of like how you won't get killed if you get hit by a train if you just know a lot about them?

Shit, that made me laugh! xD
Pie person is obviously good at saying random crap which just ain't right. wink

Every time I look into the 3D section I either manage to find a topic which has been answered way too many times before, or I find topics like "Blur in 3D". tongue

The only sections worth looking into on the GMC is "Extending GameMaker", "Work in progress" and "GameMaker creations". (In my opinion)
Now, even Extending GameMaker are starting to get a little overcrowed with all those extensions poping in. wink

#8 2007-12-23 16:53:27

Grand-High Gamer

Short-Term Amnesia - A blessing in disguise.

sigimage1.png

Board footer