GMLscripts.com

Discuss and collaborate on GML scripts
Invert

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-28 10:34:25

xot
Administrator

GMLscripts.com Dragging Its Ass

blogicon-20070928.gifOK, the site seems to be working again ... very slowly. The solution to main problem was actually a pretty simple fix, just a small configuration difference with the "new" server. This new server is actually a "spare" machine, which is a nice way of saying "obsolete" machine that stopped being useful and was taken offline. Well, lucky me, it has a new lease on life serving out GMLscripts.com pages to whomever is willing to wait for them to creep across the internet. I may have to take drastic measures to improve performance around here which could mean future outages. Until then please be patient.

UPDATE: OK, the site seems to be running closer to normal speed now. I don't know what was causing the slow down earlier but it has inspired me to start working on those drastic steps I mentioned to improve performance anyway. It is possible that the slow down is entirely my fault. I was adding some new features yesterday and found that some corrupted binary data was causing a PHP script to freeze. I may have inadvertently spawned a bunch of memory and CPU cycle gobbling threads in the process of tracking down the cause of the problem.

Bad programmer -- no Twinkie!

Abusing forum power since 1986.

Board footer