Discuss and collaborate on GML scripts
Invert

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-01 00:03:26

xot
Administrator

Surprisingly Regular Monthly Update for April

Wow, this month has flown by.

Despite my best intentions, I did not get nearly as much done on the site as I would have liked. As expected, I had to devote a fair amount of time to SilverQuest: Gaiden. I also started a new development blog on a bit of a hasty whim. But what was truly unexpected was a rather severe medical emergency that's had me playing the role of a full-time nurse for the last two weeks. I normally avoid talking about family stuff online but, yeah, it's been a big upheaval. Thankfully, things are getting back to normal now.

I managed to get a few things done here. First up is a nice new clutch of code:

OK, most of those scripts are simple and won't exactly knock your socks off. But I think there are a couple of great ones in there.

YellowAfterlife donated the two array scripts. In concert they are incredibly useful. With any luck, they will be made obsolete by some future in-built GM:Studio functionality but until then they are a blessing.

I'm also quite fond of ds_grid_flood_fill(). It's fairly efficient, non-trivial, and has helped me with testing the connectivity of procedurally generated dungeons. Another GM:Studio user has used a variant to automatically add floor tiles to user-drawn levels. I'm curious what other uses it might have.

As far as the site itself goes, not much is new. One big fix is obsolete scripts being removed from script indices and related script groups. They are still on the site to facilitate any old links but they are otherwise invisible.

The other update is the "Recent Changes" section of the landing page. It now only shows scripts modified in the last 30 days.

There are plenty of more scripts to come in the next few weeks. See you then.

Stats from March

Website: 3 commits, 3 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

Scripts: 18 commits, 22 files changed, 403 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)

Abusing forum power since 1986.

Board footer