The mission of GMLscripts.com is to provide the highest quality GameMaker: Studio scripts available. These GML scripts are completely free for use in your GameMaker projects. Credit is never required but is always appreciated.
This is a collaboration. Every script on this website has been provided by a GameMaker user just like you. If you have a useful script, or have improved an existing one, please consider submitting it.
July 1, 2015Monthly Update for July
Somewhat slow month here in contrast with a lot going on in the corporeal realm. Abnormal is the new normal.
No changes to the site itself except one very minor cosmetic tweak. I'd hoped to implement a new caching system this past month but I didn't have the time.
However, some lovely people donated some new scripts, including a handful from RaniSputnik via our second Git pull request. Thanks to him, veteran iFredQC, and newcomer GameGoblin. Additional thanks to Threef who submitted some scripts currently under review.
ds_map_clone — Clones a map simply to a new copy and returns the created map.
ds_map_deep_clone — Clones a map deeply to a new copy, cloning any nested maps and lists, and returning the created root map.
ds_map_default_value — Returns the value of a key from a given map, inserting a default value into the map if the key does not yet exist.
instance_nearest_notme — Returns the nearest instance to a given point, disregarding the calling instance.
instance_singleton — Returns a single instance of the given object, creating one if no instance exists.
cone_volume — Returns the volume of a cone of a given radius and height.
sphere_volume — Returns the volume of a sphere of a given radius.
triangle_side_area — Returns the area of triangle given the length of three sides.
Stats from June
Website: 1 commit, 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
Scripts: 17 commits, 17 files changed, 238 insertions(+)
Posted by xot at 01:00 AM - Comments: 1
- Fills a given map data structure with the id values of all sprite resources, keyed by strings of their names.
- Adds a list to a given list and marks it.
- Adds a map to a given list and marks it.
- Fills a given map data structure with the id values of all background resources, keyed by strings of their names.
- Draws a curve between two points with a given starting angle.
- Returns the contents of a given file as a multiline string.
- Writes a multiline string to a given file.
- Returns whether or not the current device is a desktop, workstation or laptop.